The power to manage one’s internal states, impulses and resources can be helpful in:
- Self-control: Everyone experiences occasional disruptive emotions and impulses. But not everyone can handle them. Self-control is vital to keep one calm in times of adversity.
- Trustworthiness: Qualities such as integrities and honesty are strong principles in establishing fruitful relationships.
- Conscientiousness: Accountability for your own actions and performance is a responsible professional trait that can never go to waste.
- Adaptability: In today’s global work environment, the ability to alter and modify in new settings without comprising on professional performance is in demand.
- Innovation: Being flexible enough to be open to new ideas and information, and novel approaches is also a new age requirement.